Saturday 18 April 2009

About Diamond Diver

I guess there are many things that drive people to make films. For me it comes down to two things;
  • The creative motivation to tell a story that entertains and inspires others.
  • The entrepreneurial energy to create something commercially successful from an idea or vision.
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive and so in this blog I'd like to chart my journey of turning an idea into a blockbuster feature film. I hope you will follow me as I navigate the commercial peculiarities of Feature Film Production from the sharp edge of film finance and deal making to assigning cast and crew and as I ponder the more creative dilemmas in making this film.

My aim is to offer you a unique perspective, share all the lessons that I learn (there has been and will be many!) and I hope to generate enough curiosity and interest to at least fill a movie theatre or two.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous14 June, 2009

    Wonderfully inspiring, especially to someone looking to eventually make a film but needs to hold down a day job in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrique - thank you for your kind words. There are moments when I wonder if I'm doing the right thing, but I suppose it's a bit like child birth they don't call it labour for any other reason. (It's nothing like childbirth really - for all the mothers out there). Best of luck with your endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loads of useful info on here...thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete